Palestinians describe Israel's actions as disproportionate. One Israeli civilian was killed by rocket fire on Saturday while medical sources in Gaza say they expect the death toll there to reach 250.SARKOZY AND OTHERS AROUND THE WORLD AGREE WITH GAZANS.
THEY ARE ALL WRONG.
- WHEN HAMAS OR HIZBALLAH OR FATAH NEGOTIATED PRISONER EXCHANGES WITH ISRAEL THE RATIO OF ARAB-TO-ISRAELI PERSONS HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN ABOUT A 250-500-TO-ONE RATIO:
TOL(2008): Five Hezbollah prisoners were set free for the remains of the two soldiers, the most notorious among them Samir Qantar, who spent almost 30 years in an Israeli prison for the killing of an Israeli father and his young daughter. Israel also returned the bodies of nearly 200 Palestinian and Lebanese militants that had been killed in clashes over the past decades.
- OR THIS (2004): In exchange for the bodies of three Israeli soldiers, missing since October 2000, and one Israeli businessman, abducted in October 2000 under questionable circumstances, Israel released more than 430 Arab prisoners on January 29, 2004.
- OR THIS: Hamas militants involved in seizing an Israeli soldier who they have held captive for 10 months said over the weekend that they had sent Israeli officials, through Egyptian mediators, a list of Palestinian prisoners they would demand released in exchange.
Palestinian officials have hailed the development as a concrete sign of progress in the case of the kidnapped soldier, Corporal Gilad Shalit, but Israeli officials cautioned that a deal could still be a long way off.
Reports in the Israeli press quoted unidentified Israeli government officials as saying that they had received the list and would be reviewing in coming days, but a spokesman for Prime Minister Ehud Olmert would not confirm the reports.
A spokesman for Hamas, Fawzi Barhoum, said that the list was the sign of progress in the release of Shalit, who was captured by Hamas and two other militant groups in a raid into Israel last June.
"The names have been presented to the Egyptian mediators, who in turn have presented it to the Israeli side," Barhoum said Sunday. "There is a clear progress in the fact a list of names has been presented."
The list of approximately 450 names, according to the Israeli media, included Marwan Barghouti, a grassroots Fatah leader and former head of the Tanzim, a militant group. Barghouti was sentenced in 2002 to five life sentences for his role in the death of four Israelis and a foreigner.
- THIS PROVES THAT ARABS FEEL THAT ONE ISRAELI SOLDIER - OR SOLDIERS CORPSE - WAS WORTH 250-500 LIVING ARABS.
- BASED ON THIS REALITY, ISRAEL'S COUNTER-STRIKE AGAINST HAMAS CANNOT POSSIBLY BE CONSIDERED DISPROPORTIONATE - IN ANY NUMERICAL SENSE.
- HAMAS WANTS TO ANNIHILATE ISRAEL AND ISRAELIS - THIS IS WHY THEY ATTACK ISRAEL; THIS IS THEIR ONLY GOAL.
- IN RESPONSE; ISRAEL LAUNCHES PRECISION AIR-STRIKEs MEANt TO TOPPLE ONLY THE HAMAS REGIME, AND NOT ANNIHILATE THE GAZANS.
- IF ISRAEL WANTED TO KILL ONE MILLION GAZANS THEY COULD; THE FACT THEY HAVEN'T - AND DON'T/WON'T PROVES THEIR RESTRAINT.
DESPITE THESE WARNINGS, HAMAS REFUSED TO CURTAIL THEIR ATTACKS ON ISRAEL'S SOVEREIGNTY.
THEY ARE GETTING WHAT THEY HAVE LONG DESERVED.
EVEN ABBAS AND THE EGYPTIAN F.M. AGREE - HAMAS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED:
VIDEO VIA GATEWAY.