"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, November 28, 2008

HIGH TIME TO REJECT "PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY"

An excuse that has to be rejected. An attack launched from ships on the high seas, with coordinated strikes against several different targets, was not the work of disaffected amateurs.

The operation has every hallmark of a well-planned military operation. *******UPDATE (Relipaundit):

Officials in India, Europe and the United States said likely culprits included Islamist networks based in Pakistan that have received support in the past from Pakistan's intelligence agencies.

Analysts said this week's attacks surpassed previous plots carried out by domestic groups in terms of complexity, the number of people involved and their success in achieving their primary goal: namely, to spread fear.

"This is a new, horrific milestone in the global jihad," said Bruce Riedel, a former South Asia analyst for the CIA and National Security Council and author of the book "The Search for Al Qaeda." "No indigenous Indian group has this level of capability
Major terrorist operations require the cooperation of nation-states. It is high time to hold them accountable.

Do you remember what Don Corleone told Sollozzo?



"But let me say this. I am a superstitious man, a ridiculous failing but I must confess it here. And so if some unlucky accident should befall my youngest son, if some police officer should accidentally shoot him, if he should hang himself while in his jail cell, if new witnesses appear to testify to his guilt, my superstition will make me feel that it was the result of the ill will still borne me by some people here. Let me go further. If my son is struck by a bolt of lightning I will blame some of the people here. If his plane show fall into the sea or his ship sink beneath the waves of the ocean, if he should catch a mortal fever, if his automobile should be struck by a train, such is my superstition that I would blame the ill will felt by people here."
It's time to get superstitious.

No comments: