"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, September 14, 2008

BREAKING: MCCAIN ADMITS HE'S "A NEANDERTHAL"

TAPPER BREAKS THE STORY:
"I read my e-mails, but I don't write any," McCain told Fortune Magazine in 2006. "I'm a Neanderthal - I don't even type. I do have rudimentary capabilities to call up some websites, like the New York Times online, that sort of stuff. No laptop. No PalmPilot. I prefer my schedule on notecards, which I keep in my jacket pocket."
Yeah, this post is really is about Obama's ad arguing that McCain is out of touch old geezer because he doesn't use email.

TAPPER CONTINUES:

Assuredly McCain isn't comfortable talking about this -- and the McCain campaign discouraged me from writing about this -- but the reason the aged Arizonan doesn't use a computer or send email is because of his war wounds.

I realize some of the nastier liberals in the blogosphere will see this as McCain once again "playing the POW card," but it's simply a fact: typing on a regular keyboard for any sustained period of time bothers McCain physically.

He can type, he occasionally does type, but in general the injuries he sustained as a POW -- ones that make it impossible for him to raise his arms high enough to comb his hair -- mean that small tasks make his shoulders ache, so he tries to avoid any repetitive exercise.

Again, it's not that he can't type, he just by habit avoids when he can repetitive exercise involving his arms. He does if he has to, as with handshaking or autographs.

It's certainly possible that the Obama campaign did not know this, since McCain makes it sound in interviews as if this is a matter of choice, not discomfort because of his war wounds.

SO... when he calls himself a neanderthal McCain is being self-deprecating in a humorous way.

Something the Obamessiah might try one day.

I for one hope that Obama's landslide loss in November will make him humbler.

1 comment:

w3bgrrl said...

You're so funny. Humbler. I'll have to remember that one.

I hope for this country's sake it is a landslide loss for Obama because if you thought the left was an ungracious loser after 2000 and 2004, you ain't seen nothin' yet.