In 1985, I needed to hire a community organizer. I found myself in New York City, across from a 25-year-old recent college graduate. I wanted to convince him to give up a comfortable life and a bright future to come to Chicago to take up the toughest of challenges for a salary of just $10,000 a year.
- "... I FOUND MYSELF..." IS DELIBERATELY VAGUE AND PASSIVE.
- HOW DID HE FIND HIMSELF THERE - ACROSS FROM OBAMA?
- WAS IT BY MAGIC? BY CHANCE?
- WHY IS HE BEING VAGUE?
Kellman set out to find a black organizer. He ran an ad in some trade publications, and Obama responded.
But at first Kellman wasn’t sure Obama was right for the job. “My wife was Japanese-American,” Kellman recalled. “I showed her the résumé, with the background in Hawaii. The name’s Obama, so I asked, ‘Could this be Japanese?’ She said, ‘Sure, it could be.’” It was only when Kellman talked to Obama on the phone, and Obama “expressed interest in something African-American culturally,” that a relieved Kellman offered Obama the job.
- AN AD???
- IN VAGUE PUBLICATIONS?
- HAS ANYBODY SEEN A COPY OF ONE?
- AND IN THIS VERSION, KELLMAN OFFERS OBAMA THE JOB OVER THE PHONE. HMM...
“I wrote letters to every organization in the country I could think of. And one day, a small group of churches on the South Side of Chicago offered me a job to come work as a community organizer in neighborhoods that had been devastated by steel plant closings.
My mother and grandparents wanted me to go to law school. My friends were applying to jobs on Wall Street.
Meanwhile, this organization offered me $12,000 a year plus $2,000 for an old, beat-up car.And I said yes.
- OBAMA DESCRIBES IT AS IF HE GOT THE OFFER AS A RESULT OF HIS LETTER-WRITING;
- THERE IS NO MENTION OF ANY AD, OR ANY PHONE CALL.
- HUH?!?!? 12,OOO!? BUT KELLMAN SAYS ABOVE (AT THE DNC), IT WAS 10 GEES!?
He came to Chicago as a skinny 24-year-old, not long out of Columbia University, who was looking for a job as a community organizer. He was still in New York, frustrated by his inability to find anything suitable, when one day he spotted a want ad in what he would call a "do-gooder" magazine.
- HMMMM.... THIS VERSION -- WHICH COMES AFTER THE DNC CONVENTION, (AFTER KELLMAN'S VERSION IS BROADCAST TO THE NATION AND IT DIFFERS FROM OBAMA'S) -- SEE,S TO COMBINE ELEMENTS OF KELLMAN'S "AD VERSION" WITH OBAMA'S LETTER - AND THE VISIT TO NY.
- THESE VERSIONS SEEM TO ME TO DIFFER SUBTLY - YET SIGNIFICANTLY.
- THEY EACH HAVE A DIFFERENT VERSION OF HOW KELLMAN AND OBAMA MET, HOW THE OPFFER WAS MADE, HOW MUCH IT WAS FOR, ETC.
- IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THEY ARE COVERING UP SOMETHING. BUT WHAT!?
"THE WOODS FUND" FINANCED OBAMA'S JOB. THIS FUND WAS FINANCED BY TOM AYERS - BILL AYERS' FATHER. [USE THAT LINK AND RTWT!]
- IN ADDITION: COLUMBIA WAS AT THE TIME THE HOME OF THE LATE EDWARD SAID - WHOSE JOB IS NOW HELD BY FORMER CHICAGOAN, FORMER ARAFAT ASSOCIATE AND LONGTIME OBAMA FRIEND RASHID KHALIDI.
- ANOTHER COINCIDENCE?
- I'M GUESSING NO.
- THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY "COINCIDENCES" IN THIS STORY.