"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another truth-teller dumped

It's an open secret that most Hispanics have a low opinion of blacks but it's another one of those many things that you must not mention unless you are prepared for shrieks of hokey rage from Leftists and the media (but I repeat myself).
"A Republican official in the US has resigned over comments he made to the BBC that "Hispanics consider themselves above blacks". Fernando de Baca, the chairman of the Republican Party in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, also said Hispanics "won't vote for a black president".

Mr de Baca spoke last week but resisted calls from his own party to resign, saying he was quoted out of context. He said he decided to step down because of the "media circus" that developed.

Mr de Baca had been approached by the BBC's Jon Kelly for comments on the presidential election campaign at the New Mexico State Fair in Albuquerque, part of Bernalillo County. He was explaining why he thought John McCain would do well in the state, which has large population of Hispanics. "The truth is that Hispanics came here as conquerors. African-Americans came here as slaves."

Source

LOL: I guess that bit about slaves versus conquerors was laying it on a bit thick. I am guessing that the comparison is a common one among Hispanics, though.

And I am also guessing that the size of the Hispanic vote for McCain will surprise a lot of people. It will be called "racism" but how many Blacks have trashed Mexicans as "stealing our jobs" etc.? Is that not racism? Are Hispanics not as free to think in racial terms as blacks are? It is the constant pushing of racial categorization by Democrats that is the root problem.

A comment from another Hispanic that I received via email: "I take the same crap but I don't back off. My recent charges that Obam is nothing but an affirmative action baby has brought forth the wrath of the guilt ridden white liberal, but I don't care, I'm right".

Posted by John Ray. For a daily critique of Leftist activities, see DISSECTING LEFTISM. For a daily survey of Australian politics, see AUSTRALIAN POLITICS Also, don't forget your roundup of Obama news and commentary at OBAMA WATCH (2). Email me (John Ray) here

No comments: