"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Obama's 57 States Gaffe: There Are 57 States - Guess Where

Not in the USA, obviously. Not in the European Union. Not in the former Soviet Union. Scott Hong discusses Obama's strange gaffe:
... he ignorantly blurted out that he had visited 57 of the 60 states:

It is wonderful to be back in Oregon,” Obama said. “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.”

The Times’ conscientious Robin Abcarian thought she heard something different there. She checked her tape recorder. It had captured what he had actually said — 57 states now.

(He even paused before he said “57″ as if he was thinking about the number.)
Fair enough, it’s most likely a thip of the slung slip of the tongue by the tired incumbent…

After all, he’s prone to misequations of astounding magnitudes - for example, mistaking 12 victims for 10,000! See the tons of video evidence for yourself.

But wait… Obama may have been right all along. Because there really are 57 states…

In the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).


Go read the whole thing.

RELIAPUNDIT ADDS: FOR THOSE WHO MISSED THIS BIT OF OLD NEWS (I posted on it on May 9th), HERE'S THE VIDEO:



I think the real explanation is: he is not very smart - this comes out when he's tired; he is bad without a teleprompter - AND AS A CHILD - WHEN AMERICAN CHILDREN LEARN ALL THIS STUFF - HE WAS EDUCATED IN INDONESIA, IN A MADRASSA. The books might have been old and said that we had 48 states, and it might be ingrained in him, and this is why he's probably confused about it when he gets tired.

If he had been raised in America then he might not make this error.

3 comments:

northern seer said...

Perhaps the democrats would like to believe he was speaking to the workers at a Heinz factory!

I knew there was a reasonable explanation for the 57 states gaffe...if obama gets elected he'll try to make it 58!

Pastorius said...

Reliapundit,
I think your explanation is a reasonable one. However, I think it is also reasonable to believe that he is not that wedded to the USA, but is wedded to the Ummah.

I'm not convinced that is the reson, but he continually piles up more evidence for my theory.

Pastorius said...

Or perhaps he meant that he had been in 47 states. He said he missed one:

"I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.”


Well, that makes sense.

I believe he meant to say 47.