In the House, where Democrats held a series of four votes on energy policies before a weeklong Independence Day recess, Representative Edward J. Markey, Democrat of Massachusetts, declared, “After today’s vote, the G.O.P. now officially stands for the Gas and Oil Party.”
In the Senate, where Republicans introduced a bill called the Gas Price Reduction Act of 2008, Senator Lamar Alexander, Republican of Tennessee, said: “Most Democrats still insist on trying to repeal the law of supply and demand. It’s a new economic theory. You might call it Obamanomics.”
- EVIDENTLY (SINCE WE KNOW HE HATES THE GOP), MASSACHUSETTS REP AND ULTRA-LIB MARKEY THINKS OIL AND GAS ARE BAD THINGS.
- I'D LIKE HIM TO FORGO USING THEM - AND TELL HIS CONSTITUENTS THAT MAKING THEM MORE EXPENSIVE IS A GOOD THING!
- OBAMA'S POLICIES OF RAISING TAXES ON ENERGY WOULD MAKE THINGS WORSE.
- THEY'D BE LIKE THROWING GASOLINE ON A FIRE.
- IF OBAMA IS ELECTED PRESIDENT, THEN HE WILL PROPOSE THEM AND CONGRESS WILL PASS THEM.