Hezbollah takes Beirut Airport; moves towards Occupation of Entire City It is getting ugly in Lebanon. Again:NOW... RECALL THESE ITEMS FROM 2/28/08 - TWO MONTHS AGO:
I’m greatly wishing I could get back to Beirut right now. But the airport is closed, and we’re hearing that Hezbollah is attempting to close Beirut’s port, too. In fact, from the sounds of it, Hezbollah is taking the city — at least the western part of it. This was the threat, and it seems like they’re making good on it.
US warship threatens regional stability: HezbollahAND HERE - ALJAZEERA:
The pro-Iranian Hezbollah group accused the United States on Friday of endangering regional stability by deploying a warship off Lebanon and vowed to defy what it called an act of military intimidation.
The United States said on Thursday it sent the destroyer USS Cole to the eastern Mediterranean because the Bush administration was concerned about Lebanon's political deadlock.
US positions warship near LebanonWELL... IT TURNS OUT THAT SHOW OF FORCE WAS ALL SHOW - AND THAT DUBYA IS ALL HAT AND NO CATTLE.
A US defence official said the USS Cole left Malta on Tuesday
The US has sent the warship USS Cole and two support ships to take up position off the coast of Lebanon in a show of force over the ongoing political deadlock in the country.
A senior US official said Washington was "very concerned" about the situation in Lebanon and called the move "support for regional stability".
The US declined to say whether the decision was a show of force aimed at Syria, which it has accused of interfering in Lebanon.
Lebanon's Western-backed governing coalition and the opposition, who are led by Shia group Hezbollah and backed by Syria, have failed to reach a deal to end the country's political deadlock.
"The United States believes a show of support is important for regional stability," said the senior official.
"We are very concerned about the situation in Lebanon. It has dragged on very long."
- IF DUBYA WAS A REAL POTUS AND A REAL COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND A REAL LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, THEN HE WOULDN'T STAND IDLY BY AND LET ASSAD AND IRAN AND HIZBALLAH DESTROY LEBANON.
- HE WOULDN'T HAVE LET IRAN SCREW WITH US IN IRAQ THE LAST 4 YEARS.
- HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE OLMERT STOP THE LAST WAR WITH HIZBALLAH BEFORE HIZABALLAH WAS FINISHED (THE WAY HIS OLD MAN LET SADDAM OFF THE HOOK IN 1991).
- BUT DUBYA IS A WIMP WHO HAS HAD US FIGHTING THE GWOT WITH ONE HAND BEHIND OUR BACK SINCE 2004.
- WE SHOULD BE SENDING THOSE SHIPS BACK AND ISSUING SYRIA AND HIZBALLAH AN ULTIMATUM: WITHDRAW OR BE ERASED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.