Wright has said that a basis for Trinity's philosophies is the work of James Cone, who founded the modern black liberation theology movement out of the civil rights struggles of the 1960s. Particularly influential was Cone's seminal 1969 book, "Black Theology & Black Power."
Cone wrote that the United States was a white racist nation and the white church was the Antichrist for having supported slavery and segregation.
Today, Cone, a professor at Union Theological Seminary in New York, stands by that view, but also makes clear that he doesn't believe that whites individually are the Antichrist.
In an interview, Cone said that when he was asked which church most embodied his message, "I would point to that church (Trinity) first."
- CONE IS A BIZARRELY MISINFORMED HATE-FILLED RACIST - AS IS WRIGHT - AND OBAMA.
- (CONE'S INTERLOCUTOR SEEMS TO ME TO BE A POSTMODERN LEFTIST WHO IS ENAMORED OF THE IGNORANT RACISM CONE SPEWS FORTH.)
- CONE: "IF YOU ARE PART OF THE DOMINANT PART OF THIS SOCIETY, THEN YOU ARE BEING VIOLENT" - TO BLACKS.
- THIS IS THE LOGIC OF HAMAS - HOW THEY JUSTIFY KILLING ISRAELI CHILDREN.
- ALSO: CONE CALLS CLARENCE THOMAS WHITE.