WELCOME ABCNEWS READERS AND YGLESIAS READERS AND FOLKS FROM OBAMA'S CAMPAIGN WEBSITE!GATEWAY:** Barack Obama Insists US Soldiers Use Taliban Weapons!
*******UPDATE: SEE GATEWAY FOR UPDATES!!!!
*******UPDATE: ABC and Yglesias and Obama are attempting a push-back, but they fail. ALSO SEE: JAWA and ALLAHP and ACE and THE CORNER for refutations of these attempts.
MY CONCLUSION: OBAMA IS A NOT A DUPE; HE IS A LIAR DOING ENEMY PROPAGANDA.
WHY!? HERE'S ONE SIMPLE REASON:
- HE DELIBERATELY TWISTED THE STORY THE CAPTAIN TOLD HIM (BECAUSE USING CAPTURED ENEMY WEAPONS WAS INCIDENTAL AND COMMON) AND DELIBERATELY FRAMED IT AS IF IT WAS RECENT WHEN IN FACT THE CAPTAIN'S OWN VERSION WAS IN 2004 AND BEFORE THE LAST ELECTION.
- OBAMA MIGHT AS WELL BE TALKING ABOUT D-DAY'S MASSIVE ERRORS AND SMEARING IKE.
--The Audacity of Stealing Guns from the Taliban.
... WOW!... Obama claims US soldiers in Afghanistan are capturing Taliban weapons because this was easier than getting weapons from the government.
You've got to be kidding?
He must think US soldiers are all Rambo's-- wrestling weapons out of the hands of the Islamists!
Here's the nutty video:
Obama said what?
OBAMA: You know, I've heard from an Army captain who was the head of a rifle platoon -- supposed to have 39 men in a rifle platoon. Ended up being sent to Afghanistan with 24 because 15 of those soldiers had been sent to Iraq.HERE'S THE VIDEO:
And as a consequence, they didn't have enough ammunition, they didn't have enough humvees. They were actually capturing Taliban weapons, because it was easier to get Taliban weapons than it was for them to get properly equipped by our current commander in chief.
ANSWER FROM AMY PROCTOR, A COMMENTER AT GATEWAY:
Amy Proctor said...
Gateway, I was STUNNED by this statement. I'm trying to contact the Operation Enduring Freedom commander to get clarification on this. My hubby is active duty and just coming back from Iraq this weekend and I can GUARANTEE Barack is full of IT on this one. The U.S. Army is not under-supplied nor would a U.S. solder EVER use a substandard Taliban weapon. What an assinine thing to say. I cannot believe Barack actually let those words out of his mouth.
Blogger Gateway Pundit said...
Please let me know if you hear anything.
Amy Proctor said...
Okay, Gateway, hubby e-mailed me pretty upset over the Obama transcript. He said this:
1. CPT’s command companies, not platoons.
2. Platoons are not divided up to go to 2 different theaters, EVER.
3. There is no ammo shortage in OEF (Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan). Many platoons are deployed to remote sites in the mountains and require aerial resupply. Those resupply missions are dependent on favorable weather conditions.
4. Taliban weapons are usually not very good and we would not use them without a very high level of command approval.
5. The CDR in Chief is so high above the platoon level that comment doesn’t even deserve a response.
He’s just trying to exploit democratic boilerplate about OIF being a diversion from “the good war” (OEF). He’s wrong on many levels. We are winning in OIF. I just left Baghdad. We have everything we need except for our OWN government to be united behind victory in OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom).
- OBAMA EITHER LIED, OR IS "BONEHEADEDLY" (TO USE HIS WORD) REPEATING LEFT-WING AND ENEMY PROPAGANDA.
- THIS COMMENT PROVES OBAMA IS UNFIT TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
- WILL THE MSM POINT OUT THE IDIOCY AND INCORRECTNESS OF OBAMA'S COMMENT? NO EFFIN' WAY.
Hillary, Opportunity Is Knocking
If Hillary Clinton really wanted this nomination, she and her people would go over Steven Spruiell's fact-gathering on Obama's tale of American soldiers in Afghanistan having to steal the Taliban's ammunition, and call BS on Obama's statement at the debate.
UPDATE: Jake Tapper talks to Obama's military source, who does not wish to be identified, and concludes that it checks out. Note Obama's statement:"You know, I've heard from an Army captain who was the head of a rifle platoon — supposed to have 39 men in a rifle platoon," he said. "Ended up being sent to Afghanistan with 24 because 15 of those soldiers had been sent to Iraq. And as a consequence, they didn't have enough ammunition, they didn't have enough humvees. They were actually capturing Taliban weapons, because it was easier to get Taliban weapons than it was for them to get properly equipped by our current commander in chief."
I think Tapper's being a bit generous, as the officer says they never had an issue getting ammunition for their standard rifles, but for heavier weapons, the "40 mm automatic grenade launcher ammunition for the MK-19, and ammunition for the .50 caliber M-2 machine gun ("50 cal.")" I think the Obama statement makes it sound as if the soldiers were motivated to raid the Taliban to get their weapons, which the officer says was not the case.