THE sun was glaring down on the Swiss Alps. Bronzed 30-somethings in designer sunglasses and tight T-shirts were draped over extra-large lounge chairs that lined the deck. Euro-pop music played from multiple speakers as fetching young waiters served expensive bottles of Champagne and cheese plates. It might have been August at a Nikki Beach Club — except for the splotches of snow, mountain vistas and overworked snow machines. [YEAH, RIGHT!]
It was my second day at the glamorous Arosa ski resort in eastern Switzerland, and I had yet to hit the slopes. Instead, I was jostling with Chanel-toting Europeans for sun chairs at Arosa’s mountaintop restaurant, and floating in the glittering swimming pools of the Tschuggen Grand Hotel’s futuristic new spa.
Could this be the future of Alpine skiing? With glaciers melting and snow packs shrinking, ski resorts in the Alps are trying to stay ahead of global warming, not only by installing more snowmaking guns, but also by transforming their resorts with colossal spas, sleek architecture and other off-slope attractions.
- THERE'S A LITTLE TEENSY-WEENSY ITTY-BITTY PROBLEM WITH THE GLOBAL WARMING SCENARIO: EUROPE'S ALPS HAVE PLENTY OF SNOW - IN FACT, MORE THAN THE ROCKIES; EUROPE IS HAVING IS BEST PRE-SEASON IN DECADES!
WHY IS THE NYTIMES PUBLISHING THESE LIES!?
- THE LEFT NEVER LET'S THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF THEIR HYSTERICAL GLOBAL WARMING SCENARIO.
- THEY SEE THIS ISSUE AS THEIR WAY TO ACHIEVE THEIR LONG-HELD GOAL: RAISE TAXES AND CURTAIL INDUSTRIALIZATION.
BTW: THE ALPS WERE ONCE GREEN ALL WINTER LONG - AND RECENTLY BY GEOLOGICAL STANDARDS.
- SO EVEN IF THEY LOSE THEIR GLACIERS IN THE COMING YEARS, IT PROVES NOTHING ABOUT MAN-MADE CO2 AND CLIMATE CHANGE. NOTHING.
JUST TO FURTHER PISS OF THE LEFT, I'M GONNA POST THIS VIDEO:
IT'S ONE OF A SONG ABOUT SNOW/LACK OF SNOW, AND CHRISTMAS - AND IT WAS WRITTEN BY A JEW:
THIS SONG WAS WRITTEN FOR A MOVIE MADE IN 1942 - SIXTY-FIVE YEARS AGO; (CORRECTED!).
- AND EVEN WAY BACK THEN, WHEN THE WORLD'S POPULATION WAS HALF WHAT IT IS NOW,
- AND ITS INDUSTRIALIZED PORTION A TENTH OF WHAT IT IS NOW,
- AND ITS MAN-MADE CO2 ONE-ONE-HUNDREDTH OF WHAT IT IS NOW...
- ... WELL, THEY DIDN'T ALWAYS HAVE A WHITE CHRISTMAS IN VERMONT.