"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

OBAMA AND GINGRICH BOTH SUFFER FROM MPD

I talked at length yesterday on the radio show about how it appears that Obama and Gingrich both seem to have MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder).
I mean, in one week he went from saying he's going to sit down, you know, for tea, with our enemies, but then he's going to bomb our allies. I mean, he's gone from Jane Fonda to Dr. Strangelove in one week.--Mitt Romney
OBAMA

As most of you know I'm not that big a fan of Romney but he hit the ball out of the ball park with the above quote. Last week Obama announces that even though he thinks we should appease Al Qaeda in Iraq by cutting and running he would like to attack a country we still consider to be our ally. Huh?

Pakistan definitely has problems right now with Al Qaeda that must be dealt with but his comments are just illogical and irresponsible. Here is just a sample of Pakistan's response to his comments. Musharraf has a big problem on his hands and yet in being an ally of the U.S. he has had to withstand a lot of criticism and has dodged assassination attempts.

I'm not sure what will happen with Pakistan in the future. We may very well have to send in troops to aide Musharraf in dealing with Al Qaeda. But for someone who is against the War in Iraq and who says we should meet with dictators to all of a sudden say we should go to war with an ally just doesn't make any sense.

It is really hard to take Obama and Edwards seriously with some of the absurd things that come out of their mouths. Then you have Hillary, who is corrupt to the core. And we are worried about the Republicans in 08???

GINGRICH

One minute Newt Gingrich is saying something that makes me stand up and cheer and the next minute I'm left scratching my head. When conservative bloggers were first excited about a possible presidential run by Gingrich I couldn't muster much enthusiasm. There is much to like about Newt and when I surveyed the current crop at the time I thought it possible. Now that Fred is likely to enter the fray, not a chance, and thank God for that.

So what is the latest Newt has done to make me not only scratch my head but tick me off? He announced that he thinks the war on terror is phony. Who is he? John Edwards' twin brother. He said in this same speech that, "no one should believe we are winning this war." And this last statement is just completely ridiculous and irresponsible:
He reserved his most pointed criticism for the administration's handling of the global campaign against terrorist groups.

"We've been engaged in a phony war," said Gingrich. "The only people who have been taking this seriously are the combat military.
To imply that George W. Bush doesn't take the war seriously is just a slap in the face and completely un-true.

To be honest, this is the last straw for me. After saying "the Bush administration has become a Republican version of the Jimmy Carter Presidency...", attacking numerous Republicans, calling them "a pathetic bunch of pygmies" and then saying that the war on terror is phony, I'm at my limit. I admire and respect him but he has no business being President. He is erratic and unpredictable. This makes it hard to know what principles he really believes in, thus making it hard to trust him.

Like I said earlier, thank God for Fred Thompson!!

No comments: