"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, August 13, 2007

KARL ROVE

They are likely to nominate a tough, tenacious, fatally flawed candidate by the name of Hillary Rodham Clinton.--Karl Rove
Karl Rove was loved by many conservatives and hated by the left. Whatever you want to say about him he's been a huge force in the political realm. To be honest I was shocked today to hear the news that he was leaving a year early. I asked my radio guest, Bill Price (who personally knows Rove) if he saw this coming and he said he didn't.

Paul Gigot describes Karl Rove in his column as "relaxed and cheerful". That is amazing to me when you look at the amount of stress he's been under for numerous years and how much he is vilified by so many. Yet, in the brief amount of time that I got to meet him last September that was my impression of him as well.

As Gigot points out, Karl Rove has clearly been extremely influential and I would argue that its been an influence for good.

I love his quote about Hillary at the top, I can't think of a more accurate term for her than "fatally flawed".

1 comment:

Reliapundit said...

how about fatally flawed FELON?