The Democrats in Congress complained about how they were DUPED into voting for the Iraq War Authorization Bill.
Now, they are also complaining about how Bush's SCOTUS nominees duped them. (THEIR WORDS!) EXCERPT:
Schumer, in a speech to the American Constitution Society, talked about the confirmation of Roberts and Alito in 2005 and 2006, respectively.I DON'T GET IT: Do these Dems think they are impressing anyone by complaining all the time about how they're always DUPED?!
“Were we duped?” he asked.
“Were we too easily impressed by the charm of nominee Roberts and the erudition of nominee Alito?” Schumer asked. “Did we mistakenly vote our hopes when our fears were more than justified by the ultraconservative records of these two men?”
“Yes,” he said
EVEN IF THEY WERE RIGHT - I DON'T GET WHY THEY WANT TO REMIND PEOPLE HOW DUMB THEY ARE?!
AND YEAH: I think the Dems are dupes. They are dupes of: Leftism and postmodernism and moral relativism! The Dems have also been duped into believing:YUP: Schumer is 100% right: The Democrats are dupes.
- that we are losing Iraq and that it is a diversion in our counter-attack against Global Jihad;
- that the Bush tax cuts were bad and unfair and gave the biggest break to the richest;
- that man-made CO2 causes global warming;
- that Katrina was mostly Bush's fault and not Blanco's and Nagin's;
- that Bush has committed impeachable offenses;
- that Bush lost Florida and the 2000 election;
- that Bush lost Ohio and the 2004 election;
- that the turkey was plastic;
- that poverty has increased since 2000;
- that the economy is in trouble;
- that Bush is a moron;
- that the last election was won by them because of Iraq (and not Foleygate, Abramoff, and Maccacagate);
- that free trade is bad for the economy and local workers;
- that the US listens too much to "the Israel Lobby";
- that neo-cons/Likudniks/Jews control Bush - as do the Saudis and the oil industry (a neat trick since these three groups do not have a unified goal);
- that privatization of social security is bad for the working class;
- that socialized healthcare is better - or works well anywhere;
- that... and so on...