"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, December 15, 2006

Barack Obama Is Not Ready To Be President

Following up on Reliapundit's post of yesterday suggesting that Barack Obama ought to wait until 2016, or even 2020, before he runs for President, I submit to you this bit of information: The other day, Maureen Dowd published a glowing column about Obama in which also she joked about his large ears. This didn't sit well with young Barack. In fact, he cornered her at an event and in front of a live camera and chastised her for making fun of him:
Barack Obama: "You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What I told them was, ''I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'"
Honestly, does a man who is so sensitive about slights that he experienced in his childhood have what it takes to run for President, much less be President? What if he were to become President and he had to go into a tough negotiation with, say, Vladimir Putin, and Putin started calling him Dumbo. Would Obama lose his composure?

C'mon, this is kids' stuff. Obama has to get over stuff like this before he can seriously consider attempting to become the most powerful man in the world. It sounds like Barack Obama would do better to spend the next few years in psychotherapy, and maybe going to Tony Robbins seminars, rather than campaigning for President. But, should he decide to run for President in 2008, I will say this, it's going to be friggin' hilarious.

No comments: