"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Friday, November 10, 2006

HAWKS VERSUS DOVES & OSTRICHES

The GOP is still the only party for hawks. The Dems are clearly the party of doves. It's the difference between "LET'S ROLL!" and "Let's talk!" If you think that our enemy - who are slaughtering innocent people by the thousands from Thailand and the Philippines to Sudan and Morocco, from Atocha to Beslan and Kandahar and Manhattan - will stand down if we retreat, or moderate their objectves or their means, then you are wrong about the enemy. DEAD WRONG.

Which is why I'm quite saddened by the results of the election: Now the Congress is controlled by people who are dead wrong about the enemy, and they will make every effort to pass legislation which will make us all less safe: from prematurely withdrawing from Iraq, to limiting the NSA; from getting tougher with Israel and easier on the so called Palestinians; from reducing NMD to curbing tools in the Patriot Act.

And every week we fail to diminish the enemy, is a week they get stronger. The enemy certainly seems to have a lot more resolve than the Dems. That's why I expect some mega attacks in Iraq and the UK and here in the coming months. IMHO: The enemy surmises that a few big attacks will put the already wobbly Dem doves completely into reverse, and transform the first battle cry of the GWOT - "LET'S ROLL!" - into "LET'S RETREAT!" (A recent report confirms my fears about an attack in Europe... and the UK, too... I think it's only a matter of a week or so before there's a warning about chatter about an impending attack here, too.. )

I pray I'm proved wrong. But the presence of Bush Sr. "realists" like Baker and Gates only makes me more sure I am right. These are the guys who bailed on Lebanon in 1983 and then on Tienammen. They showed me no courage or resolve then; I expect none now. Not from the Dem Congress, and not from the the so-called "realists."

I wish there were more men around like the one who said this:
If we wish to be free -- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending-- ... we must fight! ... The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. ... The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.

... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
The doves seem to have taken the other course, and seem to think that you can purchase peace with chains, appeasment, dhimmitude. They're wrong. And we shall pay the price. NO PASARAN agrees.

No comments: