"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

WSJ/BOTW & LGF MAKE ERROR: INCORRECTLY CLAIM COUNTERFEIT SHEETS OF US CURRENCY IN NBC REPORT

NBC NEWS aired a report which showed what seems like sheets of US currency in the foreground of a shot. TARANTO AND LGF CLAIMS THIS SHOT IN THE VIDEO PROBABLY SHOWS SHEETS OF COUNTERFEIT US CURRENCY, BUT THEY ARE WRONG.

If you look closely at the sheets you can see that the bills on the sheets are obviously NOT COMPLETE. In fact, less than half of each bill is visible.

IMHO: these are xeroxes of actual US currency; xeroxes in which the bills have been overlayed - one on top of the other - to take up as little room as possible, while still exposing the actual serial numbers.


I DON'T DOUBT THAT HIZB'ALLAH - like Kim Jong Il - COUNTERFEITS. People who commit terror and genocide will of course commit lesser crimes. I just think this video proves NOTHING.

LOOKIT: I distrust NBC and the MSM, and trust Taranto and Johnson. But... I just calls'em likes I sees'em.

[I think I am very astute for noticing this - where NO ONE ELSE HAS.]

UPDATE: YEAH: I emailed Charles and he posted an update/correction of sorts - not a complete one. A complete one would have photo-shopped the obviously overlapping bills, WHICH IS PROOF-POSITIVE THAT THESE ARE NOT UNCUT SHEETS OF $100's - which was the "smoking gun" for BOTW and LGF. The gun ain't smoking. At all. Case closed. Another case closed by Reliapundit.

No comments: