"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, August 01, 2005

DERSHOWITZ AGREES: VATICAN IS HYPOCRITICAL AND ANTI-SEMITIC

Last week - on Friday to be exact - I posted on the outrageous hypocrisy of the vatican's anti-recent terror statements. NO ONE LINKED TO ME. And writers and editors of NRO - each of who had either posted my previous cticisms of Pope Benedict, or correpsonded on them with me - made nary a mention -- AS IF TRYING TO IGNORE THE INDEFENSIBLE VATICAN STATEMENTS.

I felt all alone and out on a limb. I thought: was I too harsh!? Now my momentary doubts are vanquished. Because Alan Dershowitz has NOW made the same crticisms that I made. Check them out at FRONTPAGE. Here's an excerpt: "The truth is that the Vatican has always had a Jewish problem. Today that problem focuses more on the Jewish state than on the Jewish religion. But the Vatican’s perverse refusal to condemn attacks against Jewish civilians in Israel raises even broader questions of discrimination."

RTWT.

1 comment:

Robert Elart Waters said...

Makes me uncomfortable agreeing with old Alan, but what can I say?