"Breaking News - Agreement Signed -- From the press conference at Marinskiy Palace. From what I'm hearing, President Kuchma announced:
1. All parties have signed an agreement. It was a "genuine compromise."There is going to be a revote, though I don't think the type has been decided yet.
2. There is going to be an expert working group to look at the legal issues of the election. They will follow the recommendations of the Supreme Court.
3. All sides are renouncing violence.
4. The protesters are going to stop blocking government buildings.
5. There will be constitutional reform during the upcoming period."
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
UKRAINE: DEAL ENDS CRISIS... for now
Posted by Reliapundit at 2:05 PM