So let's look at some statistics about Wal-Mart vs. Apple.
Wal-Mart has revenue of $444 billion and employs 2.1 million people. Two-thirds of them in the United States.
Apple on the other hand, has revenue of $156 billion and employs 80,000 people, only 50,000 of whom are in the United States.
- Apple's 2012 profits were $55 billion. So, over one-third of Apple's revenue are profits. That's 35.3%.
- Wal-Mart's 2012 profits were $15.7 billion. That means just 3.5% of Wal-Mart's revenues are profits.
- Apple makes a profit of $697,000 per employee.
- Wal-Mart makes a profit of $13,000 per employee.
- Wal-Mart employs 26.25 times as many people as Apple, on just 3 times the revenue.
Being a Libertarian, I would say the answer is not so easy.
But given the fact that Liberals believe corporations exist to provide jobs, and not for the profits of Shareholders, well then obviously Liberals OUGHT to love Wal-Mart more.
But they don't, because when it comes right down to it, Liberals are just snobs. Apple produces a smart, hip product, and Wal-Mart, well, you know, Liberals love to make fun the "people of Wal-Mart" - who just happen to be our fellow Americans, of course.