"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Saturday, October 26, 2013

MIND-BOGGLING IGNORANCE

According to this source:
The Answers College Students Gave When Asked About The Holocaust Are Truly Depressing

Rhonda Fink-Whitman visited several college campuses to conduct her interviews and found that even some students at the Ivy League University of Pennsylvania were completely clueless as to the world-changing events that took place just over sixty years ago.

Some students didn’t know where Normandy was, why the U.S. entered the war and who the president was at the time (Wilson, Eisenhower and even JFK were among the guesses).

One student reportedly thought that African Americans were the primary target in the Holocaust.

Fink-Whitman started her interviews with “What was the Holocaust?”

Here are some of the answers she received:
“Uh, I’m on the spot now.”

“It was a, uh, I don’t know how to say it like. It was something that happened in. Oh my God, I know the answer but I don’t know how to explain it.”

“I have no idea.”

“I have no idea … is it Europe? I don’t think so.”
She also asked which country Adolf Hitler had been the leader of:
“Amsterdam?”

“I forget.”
When she got to the University of Pennsylvania, Fink-Whitman asked students how many years ago the Holocaust occurred. One female student guessed around 1800 and then 300 years ago.Another UPenn student even thought that Winston Churchill was an American leader....
Video:


The words "dumbing down" don't even begin to describe the above travesty wrought by our educational system.

No comments: