OBAMA 2008 - AT WESLEYAN:
Remarks of Senator Barack Obama
New Orleans, Louisiana
Good afternoon President Francis, the Board of Trustees, faculty, parents, family, friends, and the Class of 2006.... Because our individual salvation depends on our collective salvation. ...
(COMPLETE TEXT HERE)
Barack Obama, standing in for Senator Edward M. Kennedy as commencement speaker at Wesleyan University, invoked the Kennedy family's legacy of public service and challenged students to look beyond material gains and work for our ``collective salvation.''
... "Because our individual salvation depends on our collective salvation.''
...Each of you will have the chance to make your own discovery in the years to come. And I say “chance” because you won’t have to take it.
There’s no community service requirement in the real world; no one forcing you to care. You can take your diploma, walk off this stage, and chase only after the big house and the nice suits and all the other things that our money culture says you should buy. You can choose to narrow your concerns and live your life in a way that tries to keep your story separate from America’s.* But I hope you don’t.
[*This is a clever non-sequiter intended to make you feel guilty and un-American if you're chasing your own dream - Reliapundit]
- AT WESLEYAN HE PUT DOWN THE USA AS A NATION WITH A "MONEY CULTURE" WHICH PERVERTS US --- AS IF PURSUING OUR OWN HAPPINESS WAS UN-AMERICAN, BUT NOTHING COULD BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH!
- WHAT DOES OBAMA MEAN BY ATTACKING OUR "MONEY CULTURE" AND IMPLORING US TO SUBMERGE OUR INDIVIDUAL DESIRES TO THE COLLECTIVE?
- HE MEANS THAT YOU MUST SUBMERGE YOUR DESIRES TO THOSE OF THE COLLECTIVE.
- THE COLLECTIVE IS THE STATE.
- THIS IS FASCISM, IN ITS PUREST FORM.