"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Monday, March 10, 2008

The charming Ed Brayton



The existence of businessman/comedian Ed Brayton has only twice come to my attention. Last year I referred to him as "some fat guy from Michigan" and, despite that being an accurate description, it apparently caused some heartburn in our Ed. I note however that he has recently referred to some university student conservatives as "larvae" -- implying that they are loathsome insects. So it looks like I was too objective in my earlier description. I should, perhaps, have called him a "fat grub". Have a look at his picture and see if you think that fits. For a man in his early 40s he is looking very lush -- and that is probably an old photo.

I don't however have any strong objections to his recent attack on my writings. He presents a set of fairly reasonable excerpts from my various notes about the similarities between Obama and the Fascists of the 1930s. I am glad that he has exposed my contentions to his Leftist audience. Some intelligent Clintonista (if there is one) might note them and use them! I am pretty sure no Clintonistas read this blog!

Brayton thinks it is self-evident that my comparison is absurd -- and he would not be alone in that: Fascists are nasty and evil and Obama is nice. Sadly, the Leftist control of the education system has almost completely blanked out how Hitler was seen in his time. I guess it is hard for a survivor of a modern education to accept but Hitler too was seen as "nice" in his day -- as a caring father figure for all Germans in fact. He was even seen as devoted to peace! I include some documentation of that in my monograph on Hitler.

And Obama and the Fascists have lots of policy in common too -- government control of just about everything, in fact. And I pointed out recently on my Obama blog that Obama is not at all averse to military adventures abroad.

And the public adulation Obama receives is eerily reminiscent of how Hitler was received by vast numbers of Germans. But you have to know history to realize that. Brayton should stick to comedy. He probably knows something about that.

Posted by John Ray. For a daily critique of Leftist activities, see DISSECTING LEFTISM. For a daily survey of Australian politics, see AUSTRALIAN POLITICS Also, don't forget your handy-dandy summary of Obama news and commentary at OBAMA WATCH

5 comments:

Pastorius said...

Re: How Hitler was seen as "nice" in his day.

"Hitler's Moutain Chalet"

http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2006/11/fascist-fashion-and-hitlers-home.html

Reliapundit said...

PLEASE SPLIT THE LINK SO IT FITS IN BLOGGER

James Hanley said...

Your response is that Ed is fat? Wow, such an intelligent and convincing rebuttal!

You just provided more evidence for Ed's contention that you're an idiot. The whole Obama-fascist business is the height of stupidity. It's so mind-bogglingly moronic that I wonder if you're saying just because it's convenient and you'll say anything to attack Obama. I have a hard time believing you'd be capable of turning on a computer and typing real words if you were stupid enough to believe what you wrote.

Larry Fafarman said...

Fatheaded Ed Brayton is the poster child of unscrupulous BVD-clad bloggers (I prefer "BVD-clad" to "pajama-clad" because Hugh Hefner considers pajamas to be formal wear). He is a glib storyteller, rattling off long strings of assertions that he can't substantiate, and he arbitrarily censors comments and commenters. A real jerk.

Anonymous said...

If a person disagrees with "fat ed" he will delete you comment and make something up about you.