Why are pro-lifers smiling?
World Net Daily's magazine Whistleblower explains:
* "Unless drastic changes are made, American women will lose the right to abortion and the [U.S.] Supreme Court won’t be the cause of it ... the reason will be that physicians either can't or won't perform this essential service." – Barbara Radford, former director, National Abortion Federation
* "... the greatest threat to abortion rights may no longer be anti-choice judges and politicians, but diminished access to abortion services ..." – Nita Lowey, pro-abortion congresswoman, New York's 18th congressional district
* "... the availability of abortions is diminishing because fewer doctors are willing to perform the procedure." – The Washington Post
* "Those who run abortion clinics, even in large cities, say that recruiting doctors is now their most serious problem." – The San Francisco Chronicle
* "... no doctors want to come and work in abortion clinics. Guess what? No nurses want to come and work in abortion clinics." – Genevieve Grein, manager, Choice Medical Group, Santa Cruz, Calif.
* "Abortion is a matter of choice in this country not only for women but for physicians as well. All over the country, most physicians are choosing not to do it …" – American Medical News
We don't often get good news when it comes to the pro-life issue so I found this extremely encouraging. It is nice to know that those of us who value life are having some victories in the culture war.