HEH.“The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. If ‘Thou shalt not covet’ and ‘Thou shalt not steal’ were not commandments of Heaven, they must be made inviolable precepts in every society before it can be civilized or made free.”
— John Adams, A Defense of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America, 1787
“To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.”
— Thomas Jefferson, letter to Joseph Milligan, April 6, 1816
“[T]he government of the United States is a definite government, confined to specified objects. It is not like the state governments, whose powers are more general. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government.”
— James Madison
But maybe they were wrong and Mr. Obama is right.
After all, he is a Constitutional scholar.
SERIOUSLY: LINCOLN MADE EACH MAN'S RIGHT TO THE FRUITS OF HIS OWN LABOR THE CENTERPIECE FOR HIS MORAL ATTACK ON SLAVERY:
It is the eternal struggle between these two principles — right and wrong — throughout the world. They are the two principles that have stood face to face from the beginning of time; and will ever continue to struggle. The one is the common right of humanity, and the other the divine right of kings. It is the same principle in whatever shape it develops itself. It is the same spirit that says, "You toil and work and earn bread, and I'll eat it." No matter in what shape it comes, whether from the mouth of a king who seeks to bestride the people of his own nation and live by the fruit of their labor, or from one race of men as an apology for enslaving another race, it is the same tyrannical principle.OBAMA WOULD HAVE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REDISTRIBUTE PRIVATE PROPERTY.
- Seventh and Last Joint Debate with Steven Douglas, at Alton, Illinois (15 October 1858)
THIS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND UN-AMERICAN.
- AND REMEMBER: THESE POLICIES ARE NOT JUST UN-AMERICAN; THEY DON'T JUST VIOLATE OUR FOUNDING DOCUMENTS; THEY'LL HAVE HORRIBLE CONSEQUENCES:
- WHILE HE WOULD INCREASE TAXES TO PAY FOR INCREASED WELFARE SPENDING, OBAMA WANTS TO CUT THE DEFENSE BUDGET.
- WHICH MEANS OBAMA WOULD RATHER TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND GIVE IT TO OTHER CITIZENS (HE THINKS DESERVE IT MORE THAN YOU), THAN USE IT TO DEFEND THIS NATION AND OUR ALLIES.
- OBAMA'S POLICIES WILL WEAKEN US ECONOMICALLY AND IT WEAKEN OUR NATIONAL DEFENSE.