"ALL CAPS IN DEFENSE OF LIBERTY IS NO VICE."

Thursday, July 19, 2007

PEGGY NOONAN AND THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY

Has Peggy Noonan always been this pessimistic and defeatist and I just didn't notice it? As many of you know I have always been a fan of hers and her book on Reagan is outstanding. Yet, lately she has really had me scratching my head. Her latest column really plunged a dagger into my heart and I just can't comprehend how she of all people can't see the bigger picture.

Kudos to David Limbaugh for taking her on and expressing his disappointment in her as well. I am convinced that so many are going to look foolish in their strong, drama queen/king declarations about Bush in the scope of history. Why so many can't take a step back and look at the Bush presidency objectively, I just can't fathom.

To be honest at this stage of the game I'm not sure what to do with Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and now Noonan. The level that they have been willing to go to in their criticism of Bush is difficult for me to overcome. It remains to be seen if they will be able to redeem themselves.

Kudos to Wordsmith for his awesome post, On the Right Side of History which brought all of this to my attention. One has to wonder if many of these Conservative alarmists won't be issuing apologies and admitting they were wrong 5-10 years from now. I won't hold my breath but I do think history will prove them to be wrong in much of their criticism.

Wordsmith also made such an eloquent statement in response to a liberal on my Monday post that I quoted him on the radio show on Tuesday and I will quote him here:
Wave the white flag, if you will; but keep in mind, you'll probably look back and find yourself having stood on the wrong side of history, when the line in the sand was drawn, and when it mattered most.
I also used the following quotes to describe Bush on the radio show, they sum things up well:
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish others."--Mark Twain

"One Man with courage makes a majority."--Andrew Jackson
Kudos also to Rich Lowry for his excellent column, Last Hawk Standing.

No comments: